Mobile Defense Blog
This is the official Mobile Defense company blog. Posts includes news, release notes, security tips, and other announcements from the Mobile Defense team.
“NEOSA is proud to recognize outstanding companies and impressive tech entrepreneurs in the region by presenting the annual Best of Tech Awards. Recognizing great companies and leaders helps us promote this region as an awesome place to live and work, where cool companies are doing great things.”
One of my biggest concerns dating back to my very first cell phone was what if I lost it or it got stolen? Think of all the data you have in your phone, especially nowadays with smartphones. All your contacts and now your e-mail and other sensitive material. So if you lose your phone, someone could not only use it to make calls but also have access to all your personal data. Mobile Defense is an application, that once installed on your phone, can help you to locate and then lock down your missing or stolen phone. Not only is a handy tool to find a lost cell phone, but the added secruity involved in locking your phone down makes Mobile Defense an ideal solution to protect yourself from theft or loss.
This tutorial outlines the necessary steps required to install Mobile Defense as a system application. When Mobile Defense is installed as a system application it can auto-enable your location providers (both Wireless and GPS) as needed. This is especially helpful if your device has been lost or stolen, and one or both providers is currently disabled. By following the steps below, you’ll also discover that Mobile Defense cannot be uninstalled.
- [BUG FIX] Force close on reboot when data connection is unavailable.
- [BUG FIX] App data can be cleared on system app install.
- [FEATURE] Improved consistency of location accuracy.
- [BUG FIX] Intermittent connectivity on Nexus One
- [BUG FIX] SIM change notification issue
- [FEATURE] Increased website responsiveness
- [BUG FIX] Force close after updating from 1.2.2
- [BUG FIX] Miscellaneous UI improvements
- [FEATURE] Better local event storage
- [BUG FIX] Lights turned on when SMS was received
- [FEATURE] Increased remote connection timeout to 5mins
- [BUG FIX] Alert settings were not always pulled down correctly
- [FEATURE] Added PIN to recovery alert per user feedback
- [FEATURE] Security token SMS is now auto deleted per user feedback
- [BUG FIX] CDMA users missing phone data
- [BUG FIX] Alert was unavailable to Motorola CLIQ users
- [FEATURE] Improved website usability
“There are a few other tracking/security utilities available in the Android App Market, and I’ve experimented with them all. Aside from its ease of use and consistent effectiveness, Mobile Defense stands out to me for its intelligent implementation.”
- [BUG FIX] Cached data not expiring properly
- [BUG FIX] Activity feed not updating
During our upgrade last night Amazon expereienced a power outage that affected some of our production servers. The problem has been resolved; however, we were forced to restore a snapshot of our database as of 12:03am ET. A small handful of users who registered after midnight will need to create new accounts. We have individually reached out to these users to ensure their phones are protected moving forward. Sorry for inconvenience, please let us know if we missed anyone.